<![CDATA[Michigan, Liquor, and the Law - Enacted Statutory/Rule Changes]]>Sat, 17 Mar 2018 14:45:44 -0700Weebly<![CDATA[Blog Post Detailing Legislative Changes]]>Fri, 14 Mar 2014 20:06:50 GMThttp://michiganliquorlaw.com/enacted-statutoryrule-changes/blog-post-detailing-legislative-changesOur most recent blog post includes numerous legislative updates.  We will continue updating this list of bills as soon as possible.
<![CDATA[PA 100 of 2013 - Farmer's Market Wine Sales]]>Tue, 16 Jul 2013 17:25:45 GMThttp://michiganliquorlaw.com/enacted-statutoryrule-changes/pa-100-of-2013-farmers-market-wine-salesPA 100 of 2013 permits small wine makers to obtain a "Farmer's Market Permit," which permits that small wine maker to conduct tastings and sales of their wine at a farmer's market.

Important FAQs about PA 100 of 2013
  • In each county, one Farmer's Market Permit may be issued for each 1,500 people (or fraction thereof) within the county.
  • The fee for the permit is $25.00 for each farmer's market location.
  • Only five locations may be applied for at one time; however, there is no limit on the number of permits a small wine maker may receive.
  • Local police must approve the tasting and sale of wine at the requested location.
  • Employees who conduct tastings and sales must have completed a server training program.
  • Tasting samples may not exceed 3 servings of 2oz or less in a 24-hour period.

You can find PA 100 of 2013 here.]]>
<![CDATA[PA 101 of 2013 - Growler Law]]>Tue, 16 Jul 2013 17:18:17 GMThttp://michiganliquorlaw.com/enacted-statutoryrule-changes/pa-101-of-2013-growler-lawPublic Act 101 of 2013 permits On-premise licensees who also hold an SDM license to fill and sell growlers of beer for consumption off the premises.

Some of the Requirements:
  • The growler must be sealed and have a label that includes the brand name of the beer, the class of the beer, the contents of the container, and the name of the retailer filling the growler.
  • Growlers may only be filled from a container that is 5 gallons or larger.
  • The beer being dispensed must be approved for sale by the Commission
  • The growler must be clean and no larger than one gallon.

You can find PA 101 here.]]>
<![CDATA[PA 55 of 2013.]]>Wed, 12 Jun 2013 20:21:26 GMThttp://michiganliquorlaw.com/enacted-statutoryrule-changes/pa-55-of-2013Michigan Public Act 55 of 2013 (effective date September 10th, 2013) creates sanctions, including a mandatory license suspension, for licensees who illegally sell alcohol in a transaction involving food assistance program benefits.

You can find PA 55 here.]]>
<![CDATA[Purpose of this Section]]>Fri, 16 Mar 2012 13:20:48 GMThttp://michiganliquorlaw.com/enacted-statutoryrule-changes/purpose-of-sectionIf and when proposed changes become enacted public laws, they will posted here in their final form.  Furthermore, any changes to the Commission's Administrative Rules will be posted here. ]]>